Monday, June 12, 2006

I never thought I would do any of this

Okay, so I just found the blogging thing and here I am starting one, just add this to the list of many things I never thought I would be doing. I am a runner. I love to run. I started about a year and a half ago and really didn't look back. I thought I would run one 5k and be done with it, and it isn't going away. Now I've signed up for the Chicago Marathon on October 22nd. This is also something I never intended to do. I know a lot of people have "run a marathon" on their life lists, but I did not. Anyway, I have now spent the last week in kind of a funk, because I have hurt my hip flexor muscle and I'm supposed to be starting my training program next week for the marathon. I took last week off and I will take this week off also. I started going to a physical therapist last week, hopefully it will be better soon and not interfer with my training. I hope to use this blog to track my training and also maybe my life. In addition to being a runner I am also a wife (my husband and I have been married 10 years) and a mother to Matthew, age 7 and Jonathan, age 4 almost 5. I have the best family and life really, and I owe it all to the Lord. I had a born again experience 11 years ago and my life has never been the same. I love God. I am also a student. I have decided after almost 15 years that I need to go back to school and finish. I am going into Occupational Therapy. I think that's enough going on right now. I look forward to posting here and sharing more about my life and the goings on.

Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home