Friday, June 23, 2006

I got an A!!!!

I wanted to jump up and down and do my little victory dance, and then ask everyone else in the class what they got, but I didn't. I just smiled and looked up the right answers to the two questions I got wrong - who am I? I was not a very good student in school in my younger days, hence the reason I never finished. I called and told G (that's my sister, Margie, and from here on out I will simply call her G because that's what my oldest used to call her when he was little and it stuck). She said when was the last time that happened? I said probably in the third grade, although I think I did pretty well in driver's ed.

So, that was the start to a pretty good morning. I started the day by going for a run. It was my second run since the two weeks off. The first went pretty good, although I went too fast, big suprise. Then today's went pretty horribly, as it was humid and I went too fast again and really thought I might pass out and throw up. I really can't remember a time when I felt worse while running. I did finish though, although it was only three miles. So, this week has been three on tuesday night, three on Thursday morning and then i did four this morning, slower so I didn' re-hurt myself. I have to say I feel pretty good overall. My hip doesn't hurt while running, a little sore after, but not like it was. I should only need to go back to pt two more times, once next week and then one more time the week after. My hips seem to be getting back to normal, if they ever were. I will take tomorrow off and then run 4 on Sunday morning with Jen, Holly, and Rachel. I will not go fast though, and I will think about it some more tomorrow weather or not it's a good idea to go with them on Sunday, because I know myself and I think I would try to keep up with them even if it hurt, and let's be honest, that's not smart. They are doing the 1/2 marathon on October 1, but I think that will be too close to the marathon, so I'm not going to do that, again I would run it too fast and probably hurt myself. Am I a little gun shy or what? I have decided to do the 1/2 on August 13th though. I also want to do the Women's Fleet Feet 10k the end of July. I really would like to do the sceinic 10 also, and that's on Labor Day. Now that I am back to running and have started my "training" I need to look at the schedules again and revise my plan, probably try to combine the beginners with the intermediate. I'll feel better with a plan. I will come back to full running slowly though, let the hip gain some strength.

I've got to go. See y'all.

Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home