Sunday, August 20, 2006

girlfriends

There's 9 more miles in the bank! I was supposed to do 11, but my girls were only doing 9, so I just did what they did. Now I have all week to be freaked out about doing 17 next Sunday, yea!

The run this morning went fine, they set the pace today and we averaged a 9:50 for 9 miles, which is a bit fast for me, I like to be around 10:30 for my long runs, but this will soon be a mid week mileage for me, so I figured whatever, although to tell the truth I had a hard time keeping up today, I don't know what my problem was, mental probably.

I took an ice bath when I got home. Hopefully that will help with some of the soreness I've been experiencing lately. I didn't do one last week after my 1/2 and I know I could have used that. I feel like such an old lady when ever I get up from where ever I'm sitting. It takes like 5 or 6 steps to get to feeling like I can walk again.

I'll tell you what, girls talk about everything when they run. I know most men think we talk about everything all the time, but when you are running with umpteen miles to go, you get into some pretty interesting conversations. I'm glad I have these relationships. As a matter of fact I remember praying about this not too long ago, just that God would bring in new friendships to my life. I've known these girls for years, but again, when you run together then you really get to know them. So now we have conversations that are just between us and the deer :)

Later everyone! Have great runs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home