Sunday, August 27, 2006

I took Thursday and Friday off, and you know what? I felt much better when I woke up on Thursday and knew I didn't need to go out and run 4 miles before I did anything else. Just that little bit of knowledge made me feel better, which is a big sign that I did indeed need an extra day off. And you know what else? I'm gonna do it again if I feel I need to. I'm sure I'm gonna feel better once this weather changes a bit again, who know Chicago was so frickin humid in the summer? Not just once in a while, but pretty much all the time!!!!! There I go again. Calm down, soon it will be over and I'll be bitchin about the cold, such is life.

I ran on Saturday, and boy did that suck. I felt okay, but some lady stopped me to ask me directions at around mile 5.75 and that pretty much did me in. I forgot to start my watch back up, which messed with my head since I was not enjoying the run anyway, so I just did a little more and called it a day, oh well.

So, today was what was probably freaking me out the entire week . . . . . 17 miles! I did it! Holly ran with me for the first 10 and then I finished up by myself for the last 7. It went pretty good, considering it was 17 miles. Here's a first, walking after you run all that way, it was a bit difficult to do, I have not experienced that in the past, I thought maybe I was going to fall down. So I did a little shuffle thing until my walking muscles discovered they were needed again and then walked it out, it should be interesting after the marathon.

All right people, that's it for now. I hope everyone else had good runs today as well. Later

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

GREAT JOB on the 17 miles. It was humid yesterday. The climate will be nice and cool on Oct 22. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home