Monday, September 25, 2006

It's been awhile

Wow, I've been soooo busy, everytime I sit down to update my blog, something comes up and I can't get to it. School has been an adjustment, not that I didn't think it would be, but I'm trying to stay on top of everything and to stay ahead, so far so good. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle on more class, I think I might drop it, we'll see.

Now, on to running. I've been feeling good and looking forward to the taper. I was really looking forward to it a couple months ago, but all of a sudden I've fallen in love with the long runs and I think I'm really going to miss them when they are done. I did a 20 a couple weeks ago and I have my final 20 tomorrow. I don't feel as freaked out about it this time as I was last, I think because I have a little more confindence this time seeing I finished it last time. I've decided to go the gu route for this marathon, I was really debating whether to do gu or just gatorade for the marathon, I've decided to do a little of both. I had three gu's for the 20, one at 6, one at 11 ish and one at 18. I also had water and a little gatorade, it seemed to do the trick. I've been using the powergel from power bar, the double latte flavor, I like it. Hopefully this will work for the marathon. I might have one more at around mile 22 or 23 in the marathon.

I did 12 last week, which was good also. My left hip is bothering me a little, just sore, not injuried, another reason to look forward to the taper, hopefully I will heal a little, I think it's starting to take it's toll on my body. I'm kinda sore and stiff, I swear I stretch more than anyone I know and still here I sit sore and stiff. Oh well.

I am looking forward to the marathon, I'm not too nervous about it yet. I wouldn't look at the map again though, because that really freaked me out. I want this to be an experience that I will remember and not just something I've gotten through, so that is one of my prayers for the day, kinda like my wedding day, just enjoy as much as you can and don't worry about anything, because it's here and you can't do any more about it. I've put in the training. I need to believe in the schedule now that I've chosen to get me through.

Til next time, keep running everyone!

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Perry said...

Gatorade is good because you get fluids in addition to calories. That gu always leaves an unpleasant sticky feeling in my mouth.

Perry
Just Your Average Joggler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home