Sunday, July 16, 2006

Alright, that's done. So much stress for really nothing. I guess I was worried I wouldn't be able to get up at 4:30 am to run all by myself without running partners waiting for me, but I did it. I started at 5:15 and ran 11 miles around and around and around my block. I finished in 1:59:17, just under 2. That was a long one, but it went pretty good. I averaged 10:50 miles, but it was hot and humid at 5:15, so I took it easy. I wore my camelbak and had one cliff shot at 5 miles. I tried the razz flavor this time, yuck. Not that I hated it, I just don't like the consistency. Again, it's kinda hard to say weather or not it helped. I did get a little burst around mile 7 and 8, but I usually fall into a groove around then. It didn't hurt my gi system though, so that was good. I did eat a plain bagel and a small glass of orange juice before I headed out too, that was fine.

I had a thought towards the end of the run, and I know I've seen this question posted on the Runner's World Forum, but I was really thinking about what running has done for me. What have I gotten from running? All the positives that have come from becoming a runner. I know one negative for sure, and that's getting up so early and missing some sleep. But, I'm going to think about this question this week and come up with a list. Until then, happy running everyone!

Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home