Saturday, July 15, 2006

Heat Wave Running

Hot enough for you? Yep, it's hot enough for me. I have been stressing all week about this upcoming heat wave in regards to running in it. I don't know why I stress about things so much, I usually don't anymore, but this really has me going. Maybe it's because of the distance, I have 11 on the schedule for tomorrow and it's been awhile since I went that distance, and I've never ran that far in the heat like they are calling for tomorrow. Maybe it's because my husband is away and I have no choice but to do it outside, although the thought of doing it on a treadmill makes me even sicker. I know getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to try to finish early enough is making me a little crazy, and when I tell people I'm doing 11 miles around my block, I know they think I'm crazy. Maybe I am. I can pretty easily tune out my surroundings and just run though. A little less than three times around my block is a mile, but it's nice and quite. We'll see how it goes.

I ran this morning, 6 miles, it went pretty good. It's hard to have all these mile stones in terms of speed and then return to doing a 10:15 average mile for 6 miles. I know this is pretty much right on target for most of my runs, but it's not too exciting to write about. My calf felt better after yesturday's rest day, so that's a good thing. I finished the 6 in 1:01:32.

Well, I don't think I said this already last time, but I had my test on Thursday. I think it went pretty good, there were a couple questions that I really wasn't sure of the answer to, but hopefully I made good guesses, as it was multiple choice again. My paper is due on Tuesday, so I wrote it this morning, and I'll type it up tomorrow sometime. The paper is on Cushing Syndrome, which was interesting to learn about, I think I really like the whole medical thing, which is kinda suprising since I usually tune out when people start talking about all that ailes them. I know this is bad, it's not that I want to, it just happens.

One last thing before I go, I got new shoes!!!!!! If you are a runner and are reading this you know how exciting this is! I had a pair of Mizuno Wave Elixir's and really liked the way Mizuno's fit my feet, so I went in with the intention of buying another pair of Mizuno's. I bought the Wave Rider's. I'm very excited! I wouldn't wear them tomorrow for my long run though, I'll wait til Tuesday when I think I have 3 or 4 on the schedule. I will break them in enough to wear them for the 1/2 in August though. They are white and red, I really like them, much more than I liked the Saucony's that I bought last time.

Alright, it's time to eat and then it's off to disappoint my kids that it's too late now to go swimming tonight, but we will be going tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good long run tomorrow, if you're doing yours tomorrow. Stay cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home