Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ouch

Hello people. I'm a little upset today. I'm hurtin'............again. My hip is fine, no problems. My left calf is hurting me something fierce. I'm thinking it feels just like a strain and nothing too serious. Maybe all runners get stuff they are working on, and I'm just a big baby and complain about every pain I have. I don't know, but it's frustrating. I do everything I can to keep from getting injured, and still here I am. I stretch like a mad woman, but not too much. I eat right almost all the time. I have good shoes, that I pay a lot of money for. Anyway, I'm done now, hopefully it just needs a day off, and that's tomorrow, so that should work. Here's an overview of my last couple runs.

Tuesday was my holy crap run. This could have been when I tweaked the calf. Tuesday and Thursday I ran with Rachel, and she' a gazelle, so this could have been the problem. Anyway, here it is:

Mile 1 9:03
Mile 2 8:54
Mile 3 8:45

For a total of 26 something. I've never run that fast, ever. I probably shouldn't run that fast either, at least without working up to it a little slower. Will I ever learn?

Wednesday was my 6 miler. I used my camelbak that I got, just to see how it felt on a shorter run by my house in case I needed to ditch it. I really liked it, I had no problems with it. I can tell on longer runs I'm gonna need some body glide on to help with chaffing. Wednesday was a slower run, I finished in 1:02:21. I was by myself, so I could set my own pace. I also tried a gu, I think it was actually a cliff shot. Chocolate Mocha with caffeine. It was fine, gross going down, but no gi side effects and I also didn't notice a big difference in how I felt after taking it.

Thursday morning was another 3 with the gazelle. Here's how it broke down, and this is after I said, can we go a little slower today, my calf is hurting. I guess it was slower than Tuesday, but not as slow as I had in mind, oh well.

Mile 1 9:50
Mile 2 9:27
Mile 3 9:07

Total time was 28:28. I think if I didn't just come off of two weeks off with my hip injury, I would be ready for these speeds, but right now, I don't think so. At lease I have the weekend runs to myself, I don't know if that's good or bad, but I can at least set my own snail pace.

Alright, I've got to go. I've got a test this morning, and probably should have used this time more wisely this morning, but we'll see.

Happy Running everyone!

Carrie

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Nice job on your run this week. Try icing your calf to cut down on the inflammation plus it helps with the pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home