Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More running

Sunday I ran 6 with Holly and Jennifer. We ran around the soccer fields on the gravel path. That was okay, felt long and I think we went a little fast, our pace was all screwy, I'm not sure if it was because of the gravel or we just weren't paying attention. Here's how the splits looked:

Mile 1 10:44 - a little slow, but that's okay, we are just starting
Mile 2 9:47 - um what's up with that?
Mile 3 9:41 - Long, slow run people
Mile 4 10:00 - better, but I think still too much
Mile 5 10:12
Mile 6 10:08

It was only six, so no harm done, but if it were 10 or more, I think it could have screwed me up.

Monday was an off/cross day. I did some stretched and abs and stuff, but nothing too strenous. Then Tuesday morning it was raining and I thought everyone was going to back out, but I love to run in the rain, so I got ready and headed out, only to get around the corner to see Holly coming into my neighborhood. So I ran around the block and then there was Rachel. So off we went in the rain. We were lightening speed. Here's the splits.

Mile 1 9:03 - just like the other morning
Mile 2 8:54 - okay, never done that before
Mile 3 8:45 - Oh.....My.....God!!!!!

Total time was 26:47 with an average pace of 8:54. What in the Sam hill? I'll take it. Felt good after. Tomorrow is another 6, slow and by myself.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Awesome run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home